We are now accepting poem submissions from all parts of the world. Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before sending your work. In addition to poem submissions, we are also accepting articles that explore links between poetry and peacebuilding. We reserve the right to edit the submissions where needed.
1. Submission Themes:
Submissions are now open for well-edited poems on any theme, as long as they are emotionally appealing. Submissions will be curated by the editorial board and chosen poems will be published online on the Global Poetry website. Long established, published and eminent poets are also invited to send in their submissions.
2. Submission Copyrights Policy:
As a non-profit project, at this point, Global Poetry does not pay in return for submissions. However, the chosen and published poems will get an international outreach to over 120,000 website visitors from around forty-five countries of the world.
We only accept poem submissions for which the author is the sole legal copyright owner. The copyrights of all the submissions will remain entirely with the individual authors. However, by sending in submissions, the authors must understand that they will be granting online publishing rights to Global Poetry, and the authors are free to publish the same poems elsewhere.
3. How to Submit:
- Only English language poems are being accepted at present.
- Authors are advised to submit poems after they have read, understood and accepted the ‘Submission Copyrights Policy’ listed above. The act of sending us submissions would imply that the authors have accepted this policy.
- A maximum of two poems may be submitted by an author.
- Each poem must be in a separate Word document. Documents will be accepted from all different types of text editors, e.g. Libre Office, MS Word etc.
- Submissions must be sent to:
- Along with the submissions, the authors must include the following in the email:
This information will be kept strictly confidential and never passed to any other organisations or individuals.
- Authors must also put the following Copyrights Acceptance message in their email:
I am hereby submitting my poems to Global Poetry, and if these are selected by the Editorial Board, I grant them the permission to publish these online on the Global Poetry website. I also confirm that I am the sole legal copyright owner of this work.
Countries Keywords: Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, India, USA, Ireland, Egypt, Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Iran, Norway, Sweden, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nepal, ALL.