The Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Awards, organised by the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation (NAPF), are an annual series of awards to encourage poets to explore and illuminate positive visions of peace and the human spirit. The Poetry Awards include three age categories: Adult, Youth 13-18, and Youth 12 & Under.
The deadline for submissions is July 1, 2014.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to people worldwide. Poems must be original, unpublished, and in English.
- Adults – $1,000
- Youth (13 to 18) – $200
- Youth (12 and under) – $200
Honourable Mentions are awarded in each category.
- The contest is open to people worldwide. Poems must be original, unpublished and in English.
- All entries must be postmarked by July 1, 2014.
- Send 2 copies of up to 3 typed unpublished poems. Maximum of 30 lines per poem.
- Include name, address, email, telephone number, and age (if youth) in upper right hand corner of one copy of each poem.
- Title each poem.
- Do not staple individual poems together.
- Please keep copies of all poems as we will be unable to return them.
Any entry that does not adhere to ALL of the contest rules will not be considered for a prize.
$15 for up to three poems for Adult entries.
$5 for up to three poems for Youth (13-18) entries.
No fee for Youth (12 and under) entries.
Judging will be done by a committee of poets selected by the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation.
Copies of the winning poems from the 2014 Awards will be posted on the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation (NAPF) website after October 1, 2014. Copies of the winning poems from previous years can be found on the NAPF website at: www.wagingpeace.org/menu/programs/awards-&-contests/bmk-contest.
Send Entries To:
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Awards
1187 Coast Village Road, Suite 1
Santa Barbara, CA 93108-2794
United States of America
tel: +1 805-965-3443 • fax: +1 805-568-0466